You should be able to locate the answers to many of your questions in this section of our website. If you have a question that you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact us.
How does the application process work?
The application must be written. The following information will be collected in order to determine eligibility:
(1) Names of all persons who would be living in the unit, their sex, date of birth, and relationship to the family head;
(2) Your present address and telephone number;
(3) Family characteristics (e.g., veteran) or circumstances (e.g., living in substandard housing) that might qualify the family for tenant selection preferences;
(4) Names and addresses of your current and previous landlords for information about your family's suitability as a tenant;
(5) An estimate of your family's anticipated income for the next twelve months and the sources of that income;
(6) The names and addresses of employers, banks, and any other information the HA would need to verify your income and deductions, and to verify the family composition; and
(7) The PHA also may visit you in your home to interview you and your family members to see how you manage the upkeep of your current home.
After obtaining this information, we will describe the public housing program and its requirements, and answer any questions you might have.