You should be able to locate the answers to many of your questions in this section of our website. If you have a question that you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact us.
- Who is eligible for public housing?
- How do I apply?
- How does the application process work?
- Will I need to produce any documentation?
- When will I be notified?
- Will I have to sign a lease?
- Are there any selection preferences?
- How is rent determined?
- What is the role of WRHA?
- How long can I stay in public housing?
- When will the waiting lists be open?
Will I need to produce any documentation?
Yes, we will request whatever documentation is needed (e.g., birth certificates, tax returns) to verify the information given on your application. WRHA will also rely on direct verification from your employer, etc. You will be asked to sign a form to authorize release of pertinent information to the WRHA.