You should be able to locate the answers to many of your questions in this section of our website. If you have a question that you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact us.
- Who is eligible for public housing?
- How do I apply?
- How does the application process work?
- Will I need to produce any documentation?
- When will I be notified?
- Will I have to sign a lease?
- Are there any selection preferences?
- How is rent determined?
- What is the role of WRHA?
- How long can I stay in public housing?
- When will the waiting lists be open?
When will I be notified?
We are required to provide written notification. If WRHA determines that you are eligible, your name will be put on a waiting list, unless we are able to assist you immediately. Once your name is reached on the waiting list, we will contact you. If it is determined that you are ineligible, we must say why and, if you wish, you can request an informal hearing.