You should be able to locate the answers to many of your questions in this section of our website. If you have a question that you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact us.
- Who is eligible for public housing?
- How do I apply?
- How does the application process work?
- Will I need to produce any documentation?
- When will I be notified?
- Will I have to sign a lease?
- Are there any selection preferences?
- How is rent determined?
- What is the role of WRHA?
- How long can I stay in public housing?
- When will the waiting lists be open?
Will I have to sign a lease?
If you are offered a house or apartment and accept it, you will have to sign a lease with the WRHA. You will be required to provide a security deposit. You and a WRHA representative should go over the lease together. This will give you a better understanding of your responsibilities as a tenant and WRHA's responsibilities as a landlord.