You should be able to locate the answers to many of your questions in this section of our website. If you have a question that you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact us.
- Who is eligible for public housing?
- How do I apply?
- How does the application process work?
- Will I need to produce any documentation?
- When will I be notified?
- Will I have to sign a lease?
- Are there any selection preferences?
- How is rent determined?
- What is the role of WRHA?
- How long can I stay in public housing?
- When will the waiting lists be open?
Are there any selection preferences?
Sometimes there are. Giving preference to specific groups of families enables an us to direct our limited housing resources to the families with the greatest housing needs. Since the demand for housing assistance often exceeds the limited resources available, long waiting periods are common. In fact, WRHA may close its waiting list when there are more families on the list than can be assisted in the near future.